Friday, January 30, 2009

Photograph - Nightclub

Today being Friday, "end of the week, time to go out and party..." I thought I'd share and talk about this club photo.

One of you asked me how I do the lighting for my club photography. Though I don't want to get into the topic about flash just yet (saving that for later on), I will answer the following question:


"Did you use the built-in flash or an external flash?" The (short) answer is an external flash.
To be precise a Pentax AF360FGZ flash.




Why do I like this photo?
Using an external flash can add more depth and natural ambient-like lighting when properly used. For those starting off, notice the use of the rule-of-thirds. I've also cropped-in (positioning and zooming slightly) to focus just on the two subjects. I composed to a half-body proportion to keep their arms and drink within the photo.

Thanks for the question and enjoy the picture!

2 comments:

  1. Thats awesome lighting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think adding either an omnibouncer or a lightsphere is crucial to club shooting too

    ReplyDelete