Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Beginning

Hello to all!

I would like to welcome you all to my new blog! After much consideration and encouragement from friends, it felt like the right time to start a blog.


Whats this about?

This blog will focus mainly on (digital) photography and, from time-to-time, postings about the latest in technology. So why have I started this blog you may ask? For over 5 years I've been in the photo retail business and for even longer into photography. I have observed many things about people buying cameras, some of whom express real interest in the passion for photography, others who simply click-to-show. I feel I've gathered enough knowledge about photography and experience with people that its time to share it with you all.

Photos@514?
I've decided on this title (for now) because I live and breathe Montreal and found it difficult to find a site on the info superhighway that stopped over in Montreal. Alongside the photography info will also be useful tidbits pertinent to Montreal photographers.


The Mandate
It is my hope that this blog will help people of any age or experience to take better photographs even by as little as 1% and to have a deeper, more profound appreciation for photography!



"
A photograph is a most important document, and there is nothing more damning to go down to posterity than a silly, foolish smile caught and fixed forever." - Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. No one takes pictures of something they want to forget (One Hour Photo, Robin Williams)

    ReplyDelete