Monday, July 20, 2009

Photo tip: Night Photography



I had a friend e-mail me asking how to do night photography. I thought I would share my tips I gave him here. Night time photography is always as much fun as it it challenging. Here are a few tips to help it along:
  • Increase the ISO of the camera gain faster shutter speeds. These may result in digital noise (graininess) but at least you've captured the content clearly.
  • IS, VR or SR is only helpful to a certain degree. Since night photography requires exposures well beyond the capability of the stabilizers, it is best to use a tripod for all the shots and to to turn off the IS.
  • Shooting on Tv or T mode (shutter priority) helps you to control the amount of light you see in the frame. The longer the shutter is open, the more light enters in.
  • Use the timer mode at 2 seconds or a remote. This will avoid any camera shake caused by pressing the shutter button.

No comments:

Post a Comment